Thursday, September 17, 2009

Yay for Soloxin!

So we started Sunshine on some thyroid meds Tuesday night.  On Wednesday when I came home from work she almost knocked me on my ass!  Thanks goodness for walls. :) This is one crazy/normal puppy. No changes in her interactions with strangers yet, but she is much hungrier with the meds.  Time will tell if they will help long term.

I'm trying to find larger chunks of meat that Sunshine will try to eat. She bolts her food down fast enough to make me nervous so I'm trying to get her used to chewing off bits to slow her down and lessen the chances of choking.  But she is new to this raw feeding stuff so if I give her too big of a piece she looks at me like she has no clue it's supposed to be eaten! At least she will eat chicken! Picky ass Miss Rainy only eats the expensive meats.  

I also caught Sunshine roaching this morning! I was 1/2 asleep snapping crappy pics with my cell phone, but here they are.

Photobucket

Notice the toofers
Photobucket

Such a greyt way to sleep!
Photobucket

I worry that the 42" crate is too small for her to sleep in at night, I guess it isn't.

Coming in from our morning walk we ran into our neighbor who lives across the hallway from us.  She seems to appriciate the pups from a distance, never wanting to give Rainy a good pet (much to Rainy's dismay)  Poor Sunshine tried to run and crab crawl across the floor in an all out panic to get away from the little old 5 ft nothing elderly lady. So we all stood there in shock and half asleep until Sunshine stood back up and got some brain cells back.  Rainy just stood there yawning wanting to get to her morning cookie then go back to bed.  I apologized to the neighbor explaing that she's not very trusting of strangers yet and I was told that it just takes time to train them.  We have such awesome neighbors! Not sure she would have been to wonderful if Sunshine had fear pottied all over the place, but the pup held that end of her together.

Once we got home both pups got PB spoons and their morning cookie.  Next on thier agenda was to steal the big bed!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Plus a few other random pics

Rainy laying on top of Frizzle. The kitty is SO not amused, but refuses to be the one who moves first.
Photobucket

Is this what I'm supposed to do with the big bones?
Photobucket

Have to make sure Rainy's doesn't decide she wants it during my nap
Photobucket
 

No comments: