Monday, January 5, 2009

What a weekend!

It was a super long weekend. I like this New Years thing... I got a special dinner with something everyone called "deer tongue" It was super yummy!

My Mom and Dad went out to a late dinner on Thursday. They left me loose in our home. No crate or nothing! I was fine for the first 45 minutes. Then I got lonely and started singing. All the neighbors love my singing! My parents are really bad about dog proofing. They left all sorts of goodies on the kitchen table, bread on the counters, the closet open so I could get into the trash. I could have had all sorts of fun! But I am a sophisticated type of pup and behaved like the lady that I am. I didn't eat any kitties or dig any holes in the front door. I only pulled my dogbed out of my crate. It just needed some redecorating. :)

I still have to go in my huge crate for work days but for short trips I think I get to stay anywhere.

I'm getting much better about have my teethers brushed. I still don't like it, but I'm nicer to Mommy. I once bit her finger.. Ops... well she did stick it in my mouth! What did she think would happen! Anyways I'm slowly getting used to those humans playing with my lips and teeth. I like the treats I make them give me afterwards.

Bath time happened again this weekend. The other humans that live near us are lazy! There's dog poop everywhere! I accidentally stepped right in it! Ick it's hard to find a clean place to do my business sometimes.

Then we went to the park last night. So exciting! I haven't been there in a long time! It's been too cold to sniff around. I got to sniff and potty, then I had to behave and walk right beside Mom and Dad for the WHOLE trip around the park. But I got to sniff and wander around where ever I wanted for a long time at the end. So much fun.

Oh and the kitty (Frizzle) started zooming around and tried to run me over! Crazy felines....

I'm allowed on the porch now! Dad put up some green snow fencing so I wont try to jump through the screen. I was so scared going out there the first time. I know I'm not allowed out there and was confused when they told me to go out. I was shaking with each step (I had to be lured out with treats) I hate getting in trouble.... No worries though in a few hours I was wandering in and out of the porch all on my own. I like to watch the cars drive by and have fun whining at the people that walk down there. They look like tiny little ants!

They keep telling me I'm going to GIG in April. It's my Birthday trip! http://www.trianglegreyhound.org/gig/ I hope it's fun! There was some mention of ice cream....



Don't I look stunning?

No comments: