Thursday, October 1, 2009

Can't teach an old dog bad habits?

Oh yes you can! Ever since we got Sunshine, Rainy has been behaving more and more unlike herself every day it seems. I caught her in the trash licking out the cat food can. She started barking and chasing Sunshine through the Apt. Then this morning the most astonishing thing happened! My quiet nice mannered 5 year old who likes to cuddle with Mom and sleep in an extra 30 mins in the morning turned into Kujo!



I was laying back in bed and a pup jumped on the bed, started walking on me, spinning like crazy, barking, biting at the blankets, rolling around, etc I thought it was Sunshine since this is a normal thing for her. So I reached up to pet the pups neck and realized it was RAINY! Going crazy at 6:45 in the morning! This is unheard of! She is a very reserved pup who has a great respect for personal space and politeness. It was so cute! she was barking centimeters from my face. Only it wasn't a high pitched bark like she normally does it was a nice low gumbly roo. Should have just stayed in bed today!



Sunshine has started being a wild child! She has settled in 100% and is sleeping in bedroom with us w/o a crate. Both pups get gated in and no one really moves around at night. Sunshine likes to zoom around in the mornings emptying the toy box then settle in for a good chew while I get ready for work. So far we haven't really caught her chewing too many thing that she shouldn't be. We have to get some videos of her playing with those stuffies. It's too funny.



In the past week Sunshine has tried to eat my wedding ring off my finger! Never had a dog even think about trying that one... This morning she was chewing on my arm! I think it's called knitting? It pinched a bit but was cute. She stopped as soon as I pulled my arm away. She loves her peanut butter spoons and she now eats them much faster than Rainy can. We have to work on the jumping up at people sometime... The good thing is that she's too scared of stranger to jump on them so we are her only targets. Getting better at eating those chicken thighs even though the other food tastes so much better! Sunshine still has little interest in chewing on a marrow or beef neck bone. Rainy doesn't mind eating for two.



Sunshine sleeping 2 nights ago

Photobucket

How is this comfy?

Photobucket



The pups cuddling with Mommy on the bed

Photobucket



So hard to find the bed sometimes

Photobucket



Hard to end up completely on any bed actually...

Photobucket



This is how we help Mom put away the clean clothes

Photobucket



All warm from the dryer

 Photobucket



Sleeping in a sunbeam, in your forever home, on the big bed, with a toy underneath you... What could be better?

Photobucket

No comments: