Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Greyhounds have big teeth!

Always have to learn stuff the hard way, don't we?

We were warned before we brought Sunshine home that she has a thing for pillows, down feathered things, and remotes.  She hasn't shown any interest in chewing on any of these until Sunday. She destroyed a remote! The pups haven't been getting enough exercise with the weather and us all being sick, so we shrugged it off. Took them to the dog park on Monday night and ran them around until they were exhausted.

I usually only muzzle Rainy when they run since Rainy is the once that gets nippy with whoever she runs with.  Sunshine likes to grab the balls and run around with them so I leave her un muzzled. Sunshine got a bit over excited, jumped up, and bit my arm! Hard. I had to unlayer to make sure she didn't break skin. I just have a lovely bruise.  So no more being unmuzzled for her. Darn little puppy.

Fast forward to Wednesday... I went to take a shower and remote #2 was killed. So I called Verizon again and ordered 2 more remotes so we would have an extra an an hour later I went to pee and remote #3 was killed!! in less than 3 minutes! Quick little chomper. Then I was in bed with the laptop, Sunshine jumped up and I reached out to pet her. She grabbed the mouse and made a run for it. She needs to start chewing on acceptable things before I get the duct tape out. 

Good news is that I had to go to Concord pet today and I took both pups with me. Sunshine's first trip to a pet store since we got her and she coped better than I expected. There was shaking, tail to the belly, etc but no fear pottying! Progress is wonderful.

No comments: