Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gotcha day activities

The puppies were so good today! I shuffled everyone into the car at 3am this morning for an hour drive out to Gap PA to meet a dog food distributor. I order from this guy every 3 month and fill the freezer with puppy yumminess. Chris wasn't thrilled about me going to meet him in the middle of the night, but I was going to take Rainy. Then I got to thinking... Why not take Sunshine too? It will be a bit cramped on the ride back, but we have to socialize her somehow.  Poor Sunshine was so bewildered when I made her get out of bed at that time, but she was a trooper. We even walked around at the rest stop that was our destination. Wasn't too many people around in the middle of the night, so it wasn't too stressful for her.  The best thing was... No car sickness!  Guess she was too sleepy to upchuck.

When we got back home it was still dark out and we all went back to bed. This is what I woke up to around 10am.

Photobucket
We all crashed! All three of us are terrible partiers.

After waking up and pottying (outside) both pups got a special Gotcha Day Celebration surprise.

Photobucket
Rainy loved her meaty beef neck

Photobucket
While Sunshine slept with hers

Sunshine's milestone today was that she actually let Daddy know that she had to pee! AND held it until they got outside! It sure is a special day.

I couldn't figure out what to feed for dinner that would be special and out of the ordinary since the pups are so spoiled anyways so I settled on

Photobucket
Green tripe, Venison, and Chicken necks.

Photobucket

Rainy enjoyed and had to get the good juices out first. Then she refused to eat the chicken necks, instead she redecorated the Apt with them... Brat!

Sunshine the good little piggy that she is inhaled everything.

Photobucket
Digesting after a huge dinner

Photobucket

Tomorrow we go play at the dog park bright and early! Maybe we can get some good pics if it's not raining out.    

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I have to admit their food looks disgusting!!! But I am sure they love it!!!!

Sunshine looks so cute all cuddled with her paw over her head.

Jess said...

They do love it! Both switched to the raw diet w/o any issues. Other than Rainy's pickiness about chicken. Too cheap for her I guess...