Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunshine's 2nd appointment with Jackie Weaver

We had an animal communicator app today that was very interesting.

Sunshine started off by saying that she didn't think taking food out of our hands is stealing.  She does stand off a bit and not approach us until we have the treat down there for a bit.  But she also has stolen food out of our hands while we aren't paying attention! LOL little piggy... :)

Then she told Jackie, "I'm very different now and Rainy has helped me tons"  She is a 100% completely different dog! Crazy little red pup. Sunshine says she like walks now since she knows she coming back with us.

Then I asked about her fear of strangers, since this is the main reason for the appointment.  Sunshine says that strangers revert her back to a silly childlike behavior. I assume the shaking fearful behavior is what she is referring to. She will stay at the farthest part of her leash and just visibly shake. Sunshine then said "We're worth money you know." She doesn't want to be sold and sent back to the kennel.  We are supposed to tell her "You're retired & that's the way it's going to stay" whenever we see a stranger around.  Throughout the entire conversation Sunshine kept saying that she wanted to be told she wasn't worth any money.

Sunshine then said that Chris thought she was a girly type dog! She says that when she gets nervous he uses a sing song voice to help calm her and calls him her protector. How cute is that?

Then I asked about the elevator since Sunshine is scared in there.  She said that it's a lot like a kennel and the wobbly feeling is the most awful thing in the world.  I guess it's small cramped and echoy so it would be kennel-like.  I then explained that we live on the 5th floor and stairs.... well are horrible! So we are supposed to tell Sunshine "This is to save our legs so we can walk further, It's perfectly safe!" every time we are in the elevator. 

Then I asked about the Lobby since she gets very fearful there. Sunshine's response was "We don't have to use it right?"  I said that sometimes we need to get the mail so we do have to go there. "I don't need the mail" was the response! LOL little brat! She says that people come unexpectedly from all different directions there and it makes her nervous. So we won't try the lobby again for another 6 months or so. 

I then asked about the car sickness. She said that Rainy gets all excited about the car and takes everything in from outside. Sunshine just lays there like, "well I'm now in the car." Sunshine gets queasy when we stop moving and the car has the slight vibrations.  She asked if we could give her some rescue remedy to see if that helps her.  Says that she tries really really hard not to get sick in the car, but sometimes she can't help it. She says they always know where we are going since we tell them. Amazing what they understand isn't it?

I asked if she likes the dog park and she says sometimes she feels skittish there with so much going on, but likes going. 

I asked if she could be brave and go to Dewey next weekend. I explained there would be lots of greyhounds and people there and we would be going to show everyone what great family members they make so we can get more dogs homes.  Sunshine said that lots of people looking at her does worry her and she showed Jackie her cowering at the end of her leash.  I asked if she could maybe stay really close to us instead of cowering and the response was "Can we wait and go next year?"  So we will wait! We were only driving down for the day anyway.

Sunshine says she likes to pick up one toy shake it squeak it, then toss it aside and find another one. Almost like "Got that one! Next!"  Guess this explains the new decorating scheme we seem to have!

She said she never thought she would be this happy and will work on her bravery. She also said to tell Daddy that is he puts his shoes in the same place everyday he wouldn't have to walk around looking for them all the time! LOL That is too funny! I complain about him doing this all the time because I stub my toes on his big old shoes. 

The last thing she said was "I'm truly grateful for what you've done. You think it's an everyday thing, but it's very special and not many people would help me like this."

Aww.... we really do have the best pup!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Sunshine is such a trooper!!

Daddy Sings to her???

Jess said...

He'll prob kill me if he knows I told everyone that he sings to her. LMAO He uses a sing song "your already, lets go Sunshine" type song hehehehehe