Monday, October 26, 2009

Sunshine... the master of the roller coaster!

That darn pup sure knows how to toy with our emotions! After eating 3 remotes (I swear every Verizon rep will know me soon) Sunshine then moves into good cute little cuddler mode. She took such good care of us while we were sick. Then I was all excited on Saturday because she walked up to the front door and whacked the handle with her nose. How much more clear can she get? So we race outside and pee like good pups. Then Sunday morning at 2:30 AM the little brat is peeing on her dogbed!!!!!!!! Of course not on the bed that I had wrapped in trashbags... I wake up yelling, Chris starts yelling at me since I'm yelling at 2am, we could have been a comedy act.

Sunday Rainy and I went in search of a new dogpark in PA. We found it but there is only a 4 ft fence which is not going to work for Miss Sunshine the leaper. Parents pups came to play which caused our first walk of shame ever! Their 2 dogs couldn't behave and started playing too roughly with some other pups which set their 3rd dog off since she took the play seriously. I was able to call Rainy over to me before anything happened, then I was able to grab Miss Belle (The fun police) meanwhile some lady is screaming "Oh God No" over and over again. Yeah lady like that is helping anything! LOL They weren't even fighting once I had a hold of Belle it was just a matter of lack of recall from the other 2 dogs who wanted to keep playing.

 After that we all decided to leave, 5 minutes after we got there. Yup everyone in the small dog park knew we were doing the walk of shame. It was not MY perfect pups fault! :)

 Makes me wonder how dogs see each other though. Belle (Parents insecure nervous alpha) will go after any strange dog who escalates the intensity of play. It's her way of protecting her pack. She never has done that to Rainy or Sunshine though... Which makes me wonder if she somehow knew they were family instead of some strange dog she was meeting? Definitely gives you stuff to ponder.

Our new problem is that Sunshine seems to have gotten used to us being sick and home fore the past 2 weeks (Chris was in bed the first week and me the second) When Chris came home on lunch today Sunshine had pooped/peed all over her crate! Hello Separation anxiety 101! I had hope we missed that with her since she has so many other issues. My solution instead of freaking out and worrying about it, is to go out to dinner tonight so she can have some more quality crate time. LOL See I'm even getting better!

No comments: