Sunday, February 15, 2009

My trip to the vet.....

I used to like going to the vet.... NOT ANYMORE! They made me scream! More than once!

Lately I've been picking at my food. Leaving lots of kibble behind, etc. On Tuesday night I stopped eating all together. So Mom took me to the vet on Thursday instead of going to work. Mom talked to the dr forever.... I was so bored. So the vet said that I might have impacted anal glands because od all the big D that I've been having. I've been licking back there lots. Hey it hurt, what was I supposed to do?

Well when they took me into the back to do bloodwork and my "expression" How embarrassing... The nice lady helping out held me under my belly and that HURT so I screamed, and screamed, and screamed....

So they finally brought me back into the room with Mommy and they showed her how I would scream if they did something ot my back. Seriously! Did you have to do it again? It hurts! How hard is that to understand?

So we were sent home with some perscription dog food, a 3 day wormer in case I had whip worms, some antibiotics for my GI tract, and some happy pills for my back.

Wow! Those are some happy pills! I feel 3 years younger. I'm supposed to be kept quiet but I swear there was another dog out there on the patio last night. I saw them through the sliding glass door... I have no idea why everyone was laughing at me while I was growling. This was serious protecting of the family going on! Oh well I loff those pills!

So I have 10 days of the happy pills then we have to go back to the vet to see how my back feels. If it's not better I might have to get Xrays. I don't know what those are... but I wonder if they will give me more happy pills?

Mommy might have found my secret diet. The vet says that I might be developing allergies to my kibble after I've been on it for a few weeks. That's what's giving me the big D. She wants to put me on perscription food. Mom and Dad say we are way too poor to pay for that!

Well... Starting Friday night I started eating my food raw! Well not all the way raw... I don't like the slimyness so it needs to be cooked real quick on each side. It's raw in the middle. Does that count? Friday night I has venison steaks... Oh that's my favorite! Then Saturday morning I had cut up turkey necks.... I don't really like that as much. I ate about 1/2 a neck though. Then for supper on Saturday I had more venison... super yummy!

Last night I had my first really hard perfect poo in 4 months! Phew it felt much better than liquid coming out!

This morning Mom tried to feed me chicken... but I say ICK. Nope not going to eat it! I don't care if all the experts say you have to start out the raw diet on chicken.... nope nope nope... I want more of that super yummy deer meat. I know where that came from. I saw it hanging it Grandad's garage.

That's all for now!

Here's a picture of me enjoying a car ride, back when I was allowed to go for walks and playdates! :(







Here's a video Mom found of me racing! I'm #2 in the purple.



No comments: