Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm going to be a firedog

I got to go to petsmart last night. We had a job to do, get crickets so Sour Cream the toad could eat supper! I was very good and only whined a little bit. The store wasn't too busy so I had plenty of room to walk around and relax.

I played with Mr Fox, ate supper, went potty, and it was time for bed.

When it got really dark outside some sirens woke me up! Then there were these huge trucks outside just sitting there. I could hear them. Our whole home was lit up by flashing lights.. Something was wrong!

I whined and paced and gave my humans sniffles until Mom got up out of bed, looked out the window, went to the patio, looked out there, etc. I followed her like a good shadow just in case she needed some help. Then she put on her fluffy robe and walked out the front door! Told me to "wait! The nerve! I was the one who told her about it, why should I stay home and miss all the fun?

She came back and woke Dad up. Told all of us that the apt building across the parking lot was on fire! But the firemen had it under control and everything was fine, even though there were strange noises everywhere. Phew! Now I could get back to my beauty sleep.... Zzzzz....

No comments: